ECBC-Cell in Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA), Odisha
Sustainable Buildings & Habitat has established the ECBC (Energy Conservation Building Code)-Cell in BDA in Dec’2016 in collaboration with Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC) Pvt. Ltd. PwC has been engaged by Exergia Energy and Environment S.A, Greece for this project under the funding of European Union (EU) and Project on “Technical assistance for the implementation of the Sector Policy Clean Energy Cooperation with India (CECI): Legal and policy support to the development and implementation of energy efficiency legislation for the building sector in India (ACE:E2)”. Two technical staffs have been deputed from Sustainable Buildings & Habitat as full time project officers in ECBC-Cell to assist BDA in the ECBC implementation procedure in Odisha. The team comprises of one architect and one engineer as described below.
Dr. Pratyasha Tripathy, PhD (Energy Security), M-Tech (Energy & Power Systems) & B-Tech Ar. Sambit Mahapatra, M-Plan (Urban & Regional Planning), B-Arch.
The primary objective of this ECBC-Cell are as follows –
- Providing legal and policy support to the development and implementation of energy efficiency legislation for the Building sector
- Integration of ECBC into State by-laws and their enforcement/implementation
- Assist the SDAs with development of ECBC & retrofitting action plans.
- Co-coordinating with all the relevant State departments (SDA, UDD and PWD)
- Building Compliance Capacity, including certification processes/li>
- Assisting in the issuance of ECBC notification.
- Assisting the SDA with identification of potential ECBC & Retrofitting Projects.
- Implementation for demonstration projects
- Assisting the SDA with monitoring (i.e. verification of progress) & reporting
- Defining a structure for a Reporting Database for ECBC compliant of revision of SoR
- Supporting training & capacity building of ECBC professionals in state including –
- identification of training resource centre
- identification of ToT and
- facilitation of conduction of ECBC intensive training programme in the State
- Secretariat support to SDA/UDD for ECBC activities
- Attend all coordination meetings and provide feedback to SDA/ BEE / UNDP-GEF-BEE PMU
- Support to the Joint Working Groups under the EU-India Energy Panel